Called to Serve

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 20, 2013--Week 64

Hello everyone!

What an INCREDIBLE week this was :) I´m so happy.  We didn´t actually end up having our baptism, but it got cancelled for a valid reason on the investigator’s part and we´re going to have it this week.  So, this week we taught a ton of lessons and we´ve been working a lot with the members and we´ve basically just been all over the place.  We´re going to have another baptism the 8th of June, and we´re hoping to put a couple more baptismal dates on the calendar in the next couple of days.  We´re super psyched, because the entire zone is baptizing!  There are a couple of areas that haven´t baptized in a LONG time, and each one of those areas is going to baptize in this week or the next one.  So, we´re pretty content.  Other than that, we have zone conference tomorrow in Arriaga with the Arriaga zone.  That´s always an awesome experience.  President always tells us a ton of stories from his mission :) he served here in the same mission, and here in the Oaxaca zone too (but he was in an area that´s now part of the Oaxaca mission). But yeah, he baptized like 300 people on his mission or something ridiculous like that, so he´s got a lot of awesome stories to tell us :) ummmm... other than that... I got the news today that they found my camera charger in Comitán (sorry that you had already ordered a new one)!  I´ll get it in a couple of weeks--the next time we go to Tuxtla.  

I´m very happy :) I´m so grateful for the chance that I have to be part of this great work. I've started contemplating a lot lately how blessed I have been to grow up with the Gospel and experience it´s blessings my entire life.  I know that God loves us.  I feel it each day; both His love for me and His love for His children here whom I serve.  I know He wants to bless each one of them in the same capacity that I´ve been blessed as I´ve experienced the blessings of the Gospel.  That has become one of the greatest motivators for me as I work.  I want you to know that I have come to love the Lord, His Gospel, and His Church much more than I could have understood before.  

That´s about all that I have to say for today. :) Sorry, I feel like I don´t send all that much more information in my emails anymore... Everything just blends together for me.  If there's ever anything you want me to write about you can ask me!  :) I love you all very very much.  I love hearing from you, and it makes me so happy every week to see the success that you´re having in your lives.

Con mucho amor,
Elder Andrew Nickerl  

P.S.  Oh, and I thought of some more things that I would like in my package if you can get ahold of them :) and I wrote them down—so I remember. Mostly it´s music.  There are a couple of songs on youth.lds.org on a new album by the BYU men´s chorus called "Set Apart".  They´re missionary hymns.  And I really love the ones that are on there and if you can get it I would love to have the CD to listen to in the house.  Apart from that, I´ve been listening to a lot of instrumental music lately, and I was wondering if you could get me some Jon Schmidt music (if I remember right there's this one of his that I really liked called "Renaissance Hymn and it turns out that we can listen to other instrumental music so just whatever awesome music of his that you can find as long as it´s not irreverent... And, one of the youth in Comitán was telling me that he made a group with a cellist called "Los chicos del piano" (which I´m assuming is "The Piano Guys") and put some of the music on (apparently a cover of a song called "Titaneum" or something like that) and it was pretty awesome.  And, I don´t have the song "Savior, Redeemer of my Soul" from "17 Miracles" and I´ve been wanting to listen to that for a while.  So if you can find some of that music that would be great.  If not, don´t worry about it :) Also, one just randomly gets those food hankerings. And, if you could put a box of pop tarts in that would be pretty awesome.  I don´t remember about the flavors.  Just whatever looks good :) And those are the only specific things I could think of.  Thank´s so much :) You´re the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment