Called to Serve

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, November 26, 2012

November 26, 2012--Week 39


So, basically I can´t write much of email again this week, because I´m getting changed, and Elder Esparza is training, so we need to be in Tapachula in like an hour and a half so that he can leave on the bus to pick up his new comp.  Así que así está la cosa.  So, I´m not too shaken up by this change.  I´m pretty phyched actually.  They´re sending me to Comitán, and it´s does cold there (that´s sarcasm, my english hasn´t deteriorated that much)!!  I love places that do cold.  And I´m going to get to shower with hot water again!!!  So, that´s awesome.  My area is called San José Obrero (ironic that I have two different areas that are called "San José"), and it´s another little branch without a chapel... so we´ll see how that goes.  I´m going to be there as district leader, so that´s not going to change.  But, I´m excited for the chance to start again in a new area, and although I´m definitely a little nervous, because I don´t even know who my comp is going to be, but I know that above all else, the Lord is at the helm, and I know that He "does inspire men to his holy work in this age and generation as in ancient times" (that translation may be a little shaky because I have that scripture memorized only in spanish).  So, knowing that, I´m going cheerfully and peacefully. 

The only other thing I wanted to comment is that I did think of more things for my birthday package!  We did divisions with one of our zone leaders this week, Elder Merino (who ironically is the one you talked on the phone with when you called a few months ago, he was a secretary in the mission offices then), and he has a CD that´s by "Nashville Tribute" (the same people who did "Joseph: A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet") called "The Work",  and it´s awesome.  Also, I don´t know if you can still find them, but a few more of those Van Huesen long-sleeve shirts would be awesome.  The one I have I wear almost every week to church but it´s getting kind of old haha.

Also, remind me next week to give you a few more details on the divisions that we did with Elder Merino this week, because I learned a ton, but I just don´t remember what I was going to tell you right now because we´re pressed for time and I´m not thinking super clearly.

I hope you guys all have a great week!  I love you tons and tons! 

Con mucho amor,
Elder Nickerl


No comments:

Post a Comment