Called to Serve

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, November 23, 2012

November 19, 2012--Week 38


Dear Family, 

Sorry, I don´t think I´m going to write a very long letter today because I wrote a much longer letter than usual to Presidente Cárdenas, so I´m not going to have time, but I did just want to tell you a few things.               

So, the first thing I wanted to tell you was thank you for your Christmas package!  It flipping rocks, and you are incredibly clever.  I love love love love love the "Feliz Navidad Elder Nickerl" that you guys made (thank you to everyone involved!), and I will be buying nails today to put it up.  And, I forgot to take a picture of the little tree, but I already put it up :) and it's awesome.  And I love it.  And thank you for all of it, because you are seriously the best mission mom ever.  Seriously you put all the other moms (at least in my mission) to shame :)

The other random tidbits that I wanted to mention is that in the next couple of weeks I will probably be buying shoes, because they are officially falling apart (although I still keep them nice and shiny).  Also, Happy Thanksgiving!  We will not be having too many festivities here because it is not a Mexican holiday.  And the last random tidbit is that Presidente Cárdenas showed up randomly at our meetings on Wednesday.  I´m going to steal Elder Palmer´s expression that I was "scared out of my missionary shoes".  It was kind of funny, we were finishing the meeting of district leaders, and we were all laughing and harassing one of the zone leaders about something (right before we did the closing prayer), and then we heard the door open and we all turned around and watched Presidente walk in and we all very quickly and quietly kneeled down for the prayer.  And then, later, while I was giving my district meeting, he joined us for a few minutes.  So that was kind of cool and stressful at the same time.  But yeah, that´s all I have to report for this week, sorry it was so quick!

OH!  And also I´m very, very, very glad to hear that Dad will be coming home early!  That makes me very happy :)

I hope you all have a great week and that you take care and enjoy Thanksgiving.  I love you all so much and I´m very grateful for you this Thanksgiving week. 

Con mucho amor,

Elder Nickerl

No comments:

Post a Comment