Called to Serve

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014--Week 103

Dear Family,

So, this last week was an absolutely beautiful week. We had our baptism on Saturday. Laura is awesome. She was one of the most prepared people that I´ve baptized on my mission. The baptismal service was beautiful.  

Apart from our baptism we found a married couple this week and they both went to Church. AND another married couple that we´ve been teaching for a while now went to Church for the first time.  All four are going to be baptized the 22nd of March. I´m no longer going to be here to see it, but that´s okay. :) I´m just glad that I had the opportunity to teach them and help them learn about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.  

I´m very grateful this week for all my blessings. I´ve been very, very blessed in so many ways my whole mission. And I´m just now starting to realize that it´s coming to an end. I'm really starting my last week as a missionary. When I send my next email I won´t have an area assigned to me anymore and that realization has taken me by surprise. But I´ve worked hard and I´ll keep working as hard as I can until my time is up so that I can leave without regrets.

I love you all and I hope that you have a great week. Stay close to the Lord and everything will work out. :)

Con mucho amor,
Elder Nickerl (el mexicano)

Today we played early morning soccer with the elders of Central and La Salle.  We are totally exhausted. :) It was awesome.

So, as with all baptismal services Satan was a sore loser and tried to stop everything and we ended up starting an hour late, but in the end we got everything figured out and it was a beautiful baptismal service.  The talks were awesome, then we sang "Come Thou Fount" in Spanish.  But yep the Spirit was very strong and as always we all felt Him testify of the importance of this beautiful saving ordenance. 

These are the two districts that are in our immediate area.  There are now officially less elders than sisters.  That´s pretty awesome because when I got here there was only about 1 sister for every 7 or 8 elders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment