Called to Serve

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March 11, 2013--Week 54


Buenas tardes,

I feel like these are eventful weeks but I never remember exactly what makes them eventful... but anyway, here are a couple highlights of the week:
--One of our investigators finished the Book of Mormon this week (he started and finished it in less than 3 weeks)
--Tomorrow we´re moving from where we live, which is kind of like a bunch of mini-farms jammed together (they call it "rancherĂ­a"), to a town called Margaritas.  I don´t know if you can get a picture of it on Google Maps, but it´s a pretty little town where all of our investigators are.  
--Yesterday we had stake conference, but it was broadcast from Salt Lake.  The discoursants were Elder Ulises Soares of the 70, Sister Elaine S. Dalton, Elder David A. Bednar, and Elder Richard G. Scott. All of the talks were awesome, and the best part was that Elder Scott gave his talk in Spanish! He served his mission in Argentina, and because the broadcast was to the Area of Mexico, he spoke Spanish.  It was really cool. It was the first time I´ve heard the real voice of a general authority like that since General Conference in the MTC. But anyway, he talked about the importance of women, womanhood, and respecting, valuing, and loving women.  And it was a really good talk (even though as a missionary I tucked the majority of the talk away in a corner of my mind to be able to think about much later).   We had investigators there.  And they loved it and definitely felt the Spirit as they heard from two of the Lord´s special witnesses in our days.  
--I am happy.  I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I know that it is the way that He has given us so that we can always be happy.  I love my Father in Heaven and my Savior, Jesus Christ, and I´m so thankful for the oportunity to spend all of my time in their service.  

I love each one of you and I pray for you often.  I hope that everyone reading this email who may not know that happiness that comes only from our Savior may come to know it. I invite you to find it through coming to know Him.  He knows you and loves you perfectly.  Let Him heal whatever wounds you may have hidden in your life.  He can do so and will do so if you permit Him.  I testify of this with love, in His name.  Amen.

Con mucho amor,
Elder Andrew Nickerl

No comments:

Post a Comment