Called to Serve

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, January 13, 2013

January 7, 2013--Week 45


Hey!

I sent emails to my brothers and my sister, and it took a little more time than expected. But anyway, I´ll follow your suggestion and tell you about some of the families in the branch.  Until now, I haven't had a ward or branch that has missionaries in the field, and here in the branch, they have two.  One is about to come back in March, and the other has been out just a few months less than me (and is the branch president´s son).  And, as missionaries, of course all the members treat us really well, but those two families treat us really really well.  There´s a little town outside of where we are called Margaritas, and about half of the active members are there, including one of the families that has their son out on the mission and that´s where we ate Christmas Eve.  They remind me a lot of our family, but kind of reversed, because their oldest daughter is about to graduate from college, and then the rest are boys.  One is about to come home from his mission, the next one is just about to leave (he´s a few months older than Adam and Jared), the next one is Jacob´s age, and the youngest is Anna´s age.  Last month we ate with them every Saturday, and they always treat us super well and the mom makes delicious food and it´s always funny being there because they joke around a lot and it reminds me a lot of home.  Except that it´s all in Spanish and we are in Mexico haha. 

But, I am officially out of time, sorry that that´s all for this week.  I love you all very very much and I hope everything is well!  Enjoy your vacation, Mom and Dad :)

Con mucho amor,
Elder Andrew Nickerl

No comments:

Post a Comment