Called to Serve

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December 24, 2012--Week 43


Dear Mom,

I am doing wonderful!  Don´t worry about me. :) Of course I miss you guys and it´s rough not being with you at Christmas time for the first time in my life, but I am happy.  We´re finally starting to find investigators in this area (after four weeks of hard, hard work), and last night we set a baptismal date with a family of five (the youngest is a baby, and obviously won´t be getting baptized, but they have two adopted daughters right about baptismal age).  They´re a young couple (Jeremías and Eulina) who are both finishing college, and the dad goes to school during the day and works during the night to be able to provide for their young family.  They´re going to get baptized on my birthday. :) They don´t know it´s my birthday or that they´re going to be giving me the best birthday present that I could ask for.  

Also, this week we found a lady with a super heavy wheelbarrow full of bottles to sell (for two pesos per kilogram, which is a ridiculously low amount of money) and carrying her baby at the same time.  So, needless to say, we offered to help (and she said, "no thank you", because Mexicans are very self sufficient, but we kept on nagging until she let us). We became really late for lunch because we helped her for about two kilometers with her wheelbarrow until we got to the place that she was going to sell.  Yesterday, we found her house (after searching for about an hour, because I still don´t know our area that well after four weeks, and neither does my comp).  And, we´re going to teach her, her husband, her older son, and her mom.  So, we´re excited :) we´re receiving the blessings of our work.  

Well—not much today, but I´ve got to go now.  I´m so excited to talk to all of you Wednesday!  And thank you so, so much for the gifts.  I love the scripture references and I love feeling a little bit of home each day.  And, I can´t wait to open my stocking tomorrow. :)  I hope you all have a wonderful couple of days and I´m very much looking forward to talking to you all on Wednesday at 5pm your time!  

Con mucho amor,
Elder Nickerl

No comments:

Post a Comment