Called to Serve

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, December 14, 2012

December 10, 2012--Week 41


Dear Mom,

So, while typing Presidente and looking for the mini PMG, I was wracking my brain for stuff to write this week and I just don´t have all that much.  I´m hoping I´ll have a whole lot more to write about next week.  This week was a growing week for me.  I learned a lot of patience.  I've seen a lot of times in my mission that sometimes when I have a week that we didn´t do so hot, it´s because I personally could have done some things better.  This week, we worked and worked.  But, (excuse the not perfect translation of Mosiah 23:21) "With all, the Lord considers appropriate to try His people; yea, He tries their patience and their faith."  As missionaries, we are not exempt from those trials.  If we were, there would be no growth.  I´ve learned that the formula to happiness here is obedience, diligence, and love.  I´ve also learned that whatever our circumstances may be, we can constantly practice those attributes, and be happy nevertheless.  So, next week we´ll see what´s new. 

The only notable thing from this week is that we did divisions with the zone leaders.  I was with Elder Gunter, from Idaho, and it was an awesome experience.  It’s hilarious to see how much my English has deteriorated.  When I´m typing, I do all right because I can think about what I´m going to say, but when I´m talking, it´s a whole different story.  My accent is fine and everything and I understand everything, but I just say a lot of weird stuff like "take decisions" and "give vuelts" ("turn around").  So it may be a minor train wreck when I talk to you guys in a few weeks.  Anyway, that´s all I have to report for this week :) I love you all very, very much, and I pray for you all the time.

Con mucho amor,
Elder Nickerl

No comments:

Post a Comment