1. My debit card does not expire until 3 or 4 days before I come home, so there shouldn´t be any problems there.
2. Is there money in my account right now? We´re allowed to buy things off the LDS store here, and they´re really cheap in pesos, so I´d like to buy some stuff (hymns in Spanish, maybe a couple of movies like the Testaments, the Restoration, etc.).
3. In relation to a new package, I thought of a few things that would be awesome. Also, I was informed a few days ago that the address for sending letters that I left is bad. The PO box doesn´t work or something. So all packages AND letters go to the Calle Jasmines address.
1) There´s a book called "Día de la Defensa", which leads me to believe that in English it would be called "Day of the Defense". It´s about two missionaries who go to "court" to defend our religion solely using scriptures from the Bible. I´ve been studying the Bible a lot lately to try and get a better base on how the Bible really does support what we believe, and I would love to have a copy of that book (in English or Spanish, whichever is cheaper/easier to find).
2) I love my mp3 player and use it all the time. I´m not sure how you´d do it, but it´d be really nice to have some more music in Spanish (hymns, Jenny Phillips, whatever church music in Spanish). This is a random side thought, but Jared asked me what my favorite song from the EFY cd this year was. I´d definitely have to say "I Feel My Savior's Love" and "Give It All To Him".
3) I had some other things... I think just one other thing actually, but today is the first day of a new change and I forgot my agenda from the last one (which had it all written in it).
4. We received news of changes about half an hour ago. And I'm the one leaving. So, I'm in a little bit in shock, because Elder Howell already has 7 months here and I have less than three. My next companion doesn´t speak English and I really thought I was going to be in this ward until January of next year. I am really sad to be leaving because I’ve loved this area so much for the last couple months. But, I recognize that it´s not me who makes changes in the mission, nor is it the district leaders, zone leaders, assistants, or even the president. I know that the Lord is the one who is leading us, and I´m really excited for the chance to start in an area that I don´t know.
Cool side fact about this though: a couple weeks ago I did a division when Elder Howell went to Tuxtla for a training there. I went with Elder Alonso (my new companion this change) to Huixtla (my new area—pronounced like Weextla). It´s in my same zone, but a different district and about a half an hour outside of Tapachula. Elder Howell is training again, so he's leaving to go get his new companion from Tuxtla this afternoon. I think I´ll be going to Huixtla tomorrow in the afternoon. I´m kind of nervous and apprehensive but I know (to quote President Monson) "the Lord is at the helm", and that it is His work that I am here to do.
I´ve got to go now. I hope you have a great week! I love you!